Excellence. Compassionate Representation. Practical Solutions.
Carolyn C. Swiggart
- Family Law
- Probate Law
- Connecticut (Member, Executive Committee, Family Law Section 2001- )
- Fairfield County (Member, Family Law Section)
- American (Member, Advisory Panel 2008 – )
- Rhode Island Bar (2008 – )
- Guardian ad litem / Attorney for Minor Child Comprehensive Basic Training from State of Connecticut Judicial Branch, December 3, 2010.
- Divorce Mediation Training from Divorce Mediation Training Associates (Fiske & Neumann), March 31, 2012.
- Lexis-Nexis Practice Guide – Connecticut Family Law, Author, Jurisdiction and Taxation chapters (2013); Connecticut Bar Association Basic Practice Manual (Co-Chairman, 1991-1994, and Member, Board of Editors, 1986-1991).
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee, Member, 2001
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2001
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. 1983; Member, Moot Court Board, 1981-1983.
- Wellesley College, A.B., 1980; Wellesley College Scholar (honors).
- Lycée International de St. Germain-en-Laye, France, Baccalauréat International de Genève, bilingue, 1977.
Classes & Seminars
- “The Law Works for People,” Connecticut Bar Association, 2005
- “Equitable Distribution”, 2006
- Ethics Considerations in Divorce Cases, 2006
- “Preventing Critical Financial Mistakes During Divorces”, National Business Institute, 2007
- “Preventing Critical Financial Mistakes During Divorces”, National Business Institute, 2009
- Special Master, Connecticut Superior Court Family Session (2000 -)
- Guardian ad litem, Connecticut Superior Court
- United States Naval Academy Admissions Department “Blue and Gold Officer” (2005 -)